Wednesday, December 10, 2003
On this day:

Transferred from my old blog: e-bay frustration

December 9, 2003

I bought a silver bangle on e-bay a couple of weeks ago. It was very exciting, because I was the only bidder, and I got it for only $19.98 US dollars. It's made from "super-fine" silver, and would apparently retail for $175 in a New York store. Oh I know, that means it would probably retail for half that in a store anywhere else but New York, but it still sounds like a great deal. Not only do I love a bargain, but I've spent the last few years in pursuit of the perfect silver bangle. I love the look of silver on a wrist, especially when accompanied by a lovely outfit. The trouble is, the perfect silver bangle would cost a lot of money, which makes it not quite so perfect. So I think I may have found the perfect silver bangle now, because it looks stunning, its brand new, and I got it for a low low price.

I haven't received the perfect silver bangle yet. It is two weeks since I bought it, and it is still making its way to me through the ever speedy Canada Post services. I contacted the e-bay seller, and he said that he'd received a letter from Canada Post, to inform him that the post man had been on his way to deliver my silver bangle, when he had a heart attack. I almost laughed except that it is not funny. Someone is fighting for his life, and I am still without the perfect silver bangle. Canada Post have promised to refund me my shipping costs, however, and I find solace in that.

I would probably be more concerned, had I not had shipping problems with the last two items (the only other items) that I have bought over the internet. I bought a Christmas present for my parents, and requested that it be delivered to them on December 23rd to their house in Sydney. They delivered it in November, unwrapped, so that my parents could see quite clearly what it was. Well, at least it got there. I also bought a Christmas present for Bryan that got lost in the mail recently (I can talk about it here, because I ended up telling him about the problem as I was quite upset about it at the time). It was sent by courier, and after three weeks I had still not received it. I tracked the package and was told they had attempted to deliver it the week after I bought it. What does that mean, "attempted to deliver it"? If at first you don't succeed, then try and try again...If I hadn't called them, do you think they would have made any effort to get my package to me? Bah!

So I will continue to sit by my mailbox, and wait for the perfect silver bangle to arrive. I can eat anonymously delivered chocolates, while I am waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home