For fans of the best Australian movie ever made

If you haven't watched The Castle yet, what the hell are you waiting for? But don't bother with Miramax's butchered Americanised version, go straight to the original release.
Anyway, for those of you that have seen and enjoyed this wonderful movie, you may be interested to know that the Kerrigan's Bonnie Doon holiday home is available for anyone to rent. Its located not too far out of Melbourne, so you can guess where I'm going to go on my holidays next summer.
Thank you to Jo for bringing this very important development to our attention.
Labels: Interesting article, Movies





10 Comments:
you are welcome...but we are staying there first....I need some serenity
The only one offered on Netflix is the Mirimax version. :o( Is it worth it if I can't get the other one?
My favorite Aussie movies are Love Serenade and Proof.
I may be a tiny bit unfair to the Miramax version. They removed some of the really Aussie lines in the movie and turned them into lines that Americans would understand more easily. Its possible my distaste at this is because I have no problems understanding the true-blue fair-dinkum Aussie bits. Maybe Americans really would appreciate the movie more without needing someone to translate for them. So yes, Zanne, I think you should rent the Miramax version if that's all there is. I'd love to know what you think of it. Its a simple story, and some people don't see the humour in it (kind of like Napolean Dynamite), but thats their problem.
Have you seen Love Serenade?
Actually, no. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't heard about it. I can't use the excuse that it came out since I was living in Canada either. I'm looking forward to watching lots of Aussie movies when we get to Melbourne...in 9 days!!! argghh
Its a good time to be coming back as some of the best Australian films in a long time are just being released......welcome back !!!
Its a good time to be coming back as some of the best Australian films in a long time are just being released......welcome back !!!
Its actually a good time to be coming home as some of the best Australian films in a long time are being released at the moment....welcome back !!!
Oops did I say that twice?
A post so nice, you said it twice! :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home