Transferred from my old blog: A whole new year
January 1, 2004
It’s a new year now. I have no idea what 2004 will bring, what I will be doing, or where I will be this time next year. That scares the crap out of me! I’m sure we will be hearing more about that in the next few months.
The only New Years resolution I have made is to skip dessert every night except when they are serving triple chocolate decadence cake (but that only happens about 3 times a year). Did anyone make any interesting New Years resolutions? Tell us about it…
Last night we had a party in the common kitchen at SJC, and most of the people who were around for the holidays came by to welcome in the New Year with us. I’m sure Erwin will relate his own version of events through his blog. We had a hat/wig them for the party. I wore a big black afro and thought I looked pretty cool (photos will be available here shortly). Erwin got his Halloween wig out again, a blonde mullet. It’s like a parallel universe when he’s wearing the mullet. All of a sudden we had this loud, proud, lewd, crude, boob-grabbing dude at the party, but it provided us with plenty of entertainment. A few people tried on the blonde mullet, including Bryan and myself. It was quite scary the change that came over Bryan when he was wearing the mullet! Other ‘head-wear’ (and I use the term loosely) that made an appearance, included a woollen tissue-box cover, a ribbon-adorned toilet plunger, a stuffed raccoon, an English bobby’s hat, a double-peaked truckers cap, a Viking’s helmet, and a Scottish bagpiper’s hat.
Erwin was in charge of decorations and party favours etc. He did a great job. We had all the noise makers, Christmas crackers, confetti that we could ever need. The confetti was this shiny plasticy material that had been put through a shredder or a wood chipper or something to tear it into tiny irregularly shaped, razor-sharp pieces. Some people were lucky enough to have handfuls of confetti put down their shirts or pants, or into their hair. It was scratchy. By midnightthere was confetti EVERYWHERE. It had been walked down all the hallways, and you could follow the trails back to the rooms of those people who had confetti in their pants! Even now, I have just pulled a piece of confetti off my butt, and I wasn’t even wearing these pants last night!
Today I woke up at 11 am and went to join everyone for brunch in the kitchen where we held the party last night. Erwin was vacuuming the confetti. We watched him vacuuming as we ate out breakfast. I think it took him nearly two hours. Then we organised a movie marathon, which will continue all day. It’s a great day for doing absolutely nothing today. And I will leave this now, and go back to doing nothing… Happy New Year.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home