Transferred from my old blog: Other Sarah Kidds
July 23, 2004
I always knew that Sarah was a common first name. In fact,
Sarah is the #23 most common female name.
0.508% of females in the US are named Sarah.
Around 647700 US females are named Sarah!
Kidd isn't such a common name. In fact,
Kidd is the #954 most common last name.
0.013% of last names in the US are Kidd.
Around 32500 US last names are Kidd!
I found out that information from namestatistics.com by the way.
But I am always surprised to find that when I Google "Sarah Kidd" there are squillions of hits (613 last time I checked), and very few of them are me. The first hit is me though, thanks to my lab going online recently.
The second hit is not me, although you could be completely forgiven for thinking that I may once have been a child figure skater. The second hit belongs to a young Sarah Elizabeth Kidd, also known as Skating Sarah. It blows me away to discover that not only do we have the same first and last names, but we also share a middle name.
The third hit belongs to Sarah Kidd from the University of Missouri. She writes historical essays.
There are loads of genealogy sites, but most of those Sarah Kidds are only Kidds by marriage. I was born into it. A lot of them seem to be scottish, and there one is even associated with a pirate!
There are a disturbing number of porn sites involving Sarah Kidd. No, I am not putting a link here to those sites. Anyhow, you know you've looked at them already!
I just came across a website from my previous lab in Sydney. I didn't know there was a site, but I'm all over it.
There is a website for a play, where Sarah Kidd is the name of one of the characters.
And one of the more disturbing webpages to find my name attached to was PMC Alien Youth, where Sarah Kidd gives her testimony as to how PMC Alien Youth has changed her life, brought God into her heart and led her to becoming a missionary.
Well at least when all of the other Sarah Kidd's Google themselves, I am the first person they see!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home