Day 1 caffeine free
10:20 am
Diet Coke consumption = 0
other caffeinated products = 0
water consumption = 1L
ibuprofen = 0
feelings: Not too bad so far, surprisingly. Had a good sleep last night, so I don't need the wake up boost that Diet Coke provides.
11:05 am
my head is starting to go fuzzy. not a headache exactly, but certainly irritating.
8:56 pm
Diet Coke consumption = 0
other caffeinated products = 0 (although I was inside a Starbucks this afternoon, but I emerged with only a herbal tea)
water consumption = 2.5 L
ibuprofen = 2
feelings: On the whole today was better than previous first day cold turkeys I've had. My walk on the beach this morning was pretty unenergetic, but I took several naps this afternoon on and felt better. My brain is pretty fogged up but not too painful (thankyou ibuprofen).





2 Comments:
Have ya considered buying caffeine-free Coke? I bought 12 of those magical gold cans yesterday. Tasty!
Thats kind of like getting a cocaine addict to snort sugar. I think once I've got through my withdrawlals and lost the cravins I might be able to permit myself to enjoy a caffeine free diet coke once in a while, but that might be the start of the slippery slope back to three cans a day of the caffeinated stuff.
Post a Comment
<< Home