Sunday, January 18, 2004
On this day:

Transferred from my old blog: Room crawl

January 17, 2004

Last night we had a room crawl at SJC, the first for 2004. For those of you not familiar with a room crawl, its a lot like a pub crawl, only you crawl from room to room. There were about 25 of us, and we grouped up so there were about 10 rooms to visit. And in each room was a drink for everyone. This event was brilliantly organised by Adam and Bryan, who ensured that everyone was in the right room at the right time, and we stayed only for about 10 minutes in each room.
We enjoyed a wide range of drinks: my personal favourites were Carolyn and Dana's Irish coffee, and Bryan's and mine watermelon and lychee cocktails. The shots of guiness topped with champagne didn't rate highly for me, but those are my two least favourite drinks.
Some people even organised themes for their rooms. Adam had a New Year's Eve theme, with decorations and noise makers. He even set up a 3 minute countdown thingy, so we got to celebrate the New Year every 3 minutes. Happy 2007 everyone!! Erwin was serving a drink called a Hurricane, and we played Twister in between mouthfuls. Erwin's was the last room on the crawl, so twister was difficult for most people! Check out the photos.
After the crawl we moved on to The Pit, the campus pub mostly populated by undergrads. There was dancing, and I distinclty remember dancing vigourously to Bon Jovi's all time greatest hit, Livin' on a Prayer.
I went to bed at about 2 pm, knowing that I was supposed to be up in the morning for an 8 km run at 10 am. I didn't go running, but I'm still intending to go to the gym before the day is out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home