Thursday, February 02, 2006
On this day:

Michael Class reads my blog!

Just want to draw attention to the fact that Michael Class found the news article I linked to and posted about him, and he had something to say about it. Read his comment on my post here.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:50 am, February 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now you have to keep posting to keep your new readers happy. :)

 
At 4:22 am, February 04, 2006, Blogger zannebee said...

Unfortunately, he lives in a fantasy world.

 
At 4:50 am, February 04, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

Is true. Zanne did you see Brokeback Mountain? Did yoy love it? We saw it last weekend, and its definitely the best movie I've seen in at least a few months. I'm totally smitten with Jake Gyllenhaal now too!

 
At 7:24 am, February 05, 2006, Blogger zannebee said...

Yes, I did see it and it was a great movie. I totally disagree with Mr. Glass. The kinds of movies that he finds "inspirational", I tend to find vapid and sickly sweet. They aren't realistic. People are not perfect. I like stories about people who are not perfect. People who make mistakes. If the character in a story doesn't learn from his or her mistake, that isn't the point. We can learn by watching them make mistakes.

I found Brokeback Mountain inspirational in that it made me more determined to try to work towards a society which is more tolerant, more understanding, more loving. Mr Glass totally missed the point of the movie, or if he ever got it, he glossed over it because of his personal beliefs.

 
At 7:24 am, February 05, 2006, Blogger zannebee said...

Oh and yes, Jake Gyllenhaal is a cutie!

 
At 3:17 pm, February 05, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

Yep. The thin g I could tolerate least about Brokeback Mountain is that people were beaten to death with a tire iron. And I think it was fear of society's reaction to their relationship that started the sequence of events leading to marriage breakdowns etc. Not the relationship itself.

 
At 7:15 am, February 08, 2006, Blogger zannebee said...

Exactly!!! Ennis could have broken his engagement to be with Jack, but he didn't think that that was an option because of the prejudices of society. We saw through the story told about the homosexual man who was tortured and killed that if he chose to be with Jack, he would be in fear for his life. Therefore, he chose the easier course, as many people in his shoes would do... he chose to do what society dictated to him that he should do... marry a woman and have a family. This choice destroyed him spiritually and destroyed the lives around him. But it was intolerance and hate that forced this choice. If not for the prejudices of society, he would have been free to be with Jack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home