Tuesday, May 22, 2007
On this day:

There's something I hadn't thought of

As advised by elegala.com:
There are other ways to make your entrance beyond the traditional march with your father. Ride in on a horse. Or be escorted by both parents, a close uncle, brother, friend—even a pet!

When we first got engaged I spent a few days agonizing over the issue of who would walk down the aisle with me and "give me away". I don't really like the idea of being given away, and why should the Dads get to do it? Its all a bit patriarchal for my liking. But who knew that involving animals in the ceremony was becoming acceptable wedding etiquette?

I considered the horse option, but luckily I realised that I'm not much at horse riding, although it did work out well for Kip and LaFawnduh. And wouldn't you smell like horse for the rest of the day if you arrived on one?


I considered walking down the aisle with Molly, but she's easily distracted by sandflies, schmackos and people offering tummy tickles (who wouldn't be?).

Anyway, I think I've figured out how it will happen now. But you'll have to wait and see.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:41 pm, May 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, oh, I want to know!!
Sam

 
At 12:08 pm, May 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwww, look at Mollykins. Isn't she just so lovely!

 
At 11:03 pm, May 27, 2007, Blogger Carly said...

Be given away by your pet???!!! O. M. G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home