Sunday, April 27, 2008
On this day:

The King of Kong

Bryan and I watched The King of Kong (imdb) a few nights ago. It's a documentary about the rivalry between a guy with a massive ego and stupid hair (Billy Mitchell), who had held the world record for highest Donkey Kong score for 20 years (-ish, I don't remember exactly now), and an extremely likable science teacher and family man (Steve Wiebe), who one day decided out of nowhere that he was going to break the record for Donkey Kong, just to prove that he could.


To be honest, I didn't think it sounded that interesting. Video games aren't my thing after all. But Bryan wanted to watch it and I had nothing better to do... Anyway, it turned out to be a really nail-bitingly good cheer-for-the-underdog kinda movie. I highly recommend, even if you're not into gaming.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:35 pm, May 08, 2008, Blogger zannebee said...

It was great movie, wasn't it?

 
At 1:44 am, August 25, 2008, Blogger Reel Inspiration said...

Great docs can make even the ordinary interesting.

I see on your profile that you liked "Kenny." This mockumentary makes waste management compelling!

Please, check out my review of "Kenny" and share what you thought of the film.

Movie blessings!
Jana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home