Thursday, February 28, 2008
On this day:

Its been too long

Are you still there? Yeah. Not a lot going on. Not a lot to say. You probably noticed.

Oh, I'm not in my twenties anymore. That's something new. Oh and a couple of days after the departure of my twenties, I found a grey hair. So there was no mistake about my age. I still have less grey hair than my 3 year old dog though. Which I suppose might be reassuring in a way.

Sooooo...what else....let me seeeeeee... oh I'm going to Hong Kong in a few weeks. That's exciting. And someone might be getting some belated birthday presents while she's there...of the sparkly variety, since sparkly things are far more affordable over there than in Australia.

Oh and I have a conference in lovely warm Queensland coming up very soon, for which I am presenting a poster. I don't yet have any data to put on the poster, but I'll just make the font really big and no one will notice. At least my poster didn't get upgraded to an oral presentation by the conference organisers. So impressed were they by the fancy words (like PCR..wooooo!) in the abstract of one of my colleagues that they're going to stick her on the podium for 15 minutes. My colleague also has no data at this stage and you can't bluff the audience with big fonts and fancy pictures in an oral presentation, so she's crapping herself. Don't blame her.

That's all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:09 pm, February 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We always got taught that the less words on a poster the better--its about getting a simple picture of the research, no-one wants to stand and read for an hour. So your audience will be thrilled--yours is a very simple picture!

Yay for coming to Hong Kong soon!

 
At 12:22 pm, February 28, 2008, Blogger Sarah said...

Mmmm in terms of words, we're looking at a title and authors so far. The rest is all still up in the air. Maybe if I put a really cute photo of a puppy on there, people will smile and declare it an excellent poster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home