Friday, January 30, 2004
On this day:

Transferred from my old blog: Birthday plans

January 29, 2004

Its sometimes hard to decide what to write here. Today is my Grandfather Kidd's 75th birthday. He died almost four years ago, just a few days before my birthday.

Its my birthday on February 20th. This year my birthday falls on a Friday (Yay! almost as good as a Saturday), and we're going to celebrate in style this year. Bryan and I, Rhonda, Erwin, Carolyn and Kristina, are going to take a ferry to Vancouver Island for the weekend. There was some commotion about which hotel to stay at to be closest to the "action" in Victoria, and I think we've got that all sorted out now. But not before I was sent an email from the hotel, addressed to Mrs. Kidd. I don't know how to feel about that, except that they must think I'm old.
We're staying at the Travellers Inn. Bryan and I are going to stay in one room, while the four others will stay in another room (Its cool to be a couple!). Erwin wrote a very enchanting blog entry today concerning his prospective weekend in a hotel room with three women.

To celebrate my birthday, we are going to take advantage of the Dine Around Town Victoria scheme, where you get a three course meal in a fancy schmancy restaurant for $25 each. We will be going to Barkley's Steakhouse where they will be serving this:

Appetizer
Braised EscargotVeal & Chanterelle Mushroom Broth, Fresh Herbs,
Finished over a Jumbo Crouton
OR Sautéed Jumbo Scallop and Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio Drizzled with Sesame Seed Oil.
Main
Wild Pacific Salmon Sauteed with Moroccan SpicesServed with Orange Spiced Tabbouleh & Cucumber, Mint Ryta
Or Walnut & Rosemary Crusted Rack of LambStuffed with Gorgonzola Cheese, Calvados Jus, Potato Terrine & Season Vegetables
Or Mesquite Grilled New York StriploinTopped with Creamed Spinach, Pan Seared Fresh Local Beach Oyster & Béarnaise Sauce, Baby Roasted Yukon Gold Potato
Dessert
White Chocolate Crème Brulee with a Raspberry finish
Or Chestnut Mouse Napoleon with Poach Pears & a Peppered Orange Coulis

Yum. Other than ferry rides and fine dining, I'm not sure what we will do, but I want to spend some time looking around Victoria, and there are plenty of places to go hiking around there. I know, I hiked 75 km on the West Coast Trail last August. My foot still complains about that.

Happy Birthday Grandpa, and soon to me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home