Monday, August 30, 2004
On this day:

Transferred from my old blog: The BEST website ever

August 29, 2004

Today I was doing a little music downloading (legal of course), and came across a file called "Button Moon theme". Button Moon was a TV show I used to watch when I was about 5. It was about a family of spoons, (Mr. Spoon, Mrs. Spoon and their daughter Tina), who, each episode, would blast off to Button Moon in their rocketship, and then encounter some crazy creature or object when they got there. Then they would come home. It was very entertaining.
Then I decided to do a search for more info on Button Moon and some other 80's kids TV shows I used to watch. I came across this site, which has images, soundgrabs and clips from a lot of shows I loved.

For example, Bertha (click here for theme tune), the show about a toy factory in the (imaginary) town of Spottiswood, with a machine named Bertha. The toy designer, Mr. Sprot designs the toys, presses a couple of buttons to program Bertha, lights begin to flash, and cogs begin to turn, and then Bertha starts churning out toys, usually with some major flaw. There begins the exciting plotline for every episode…

Another show I loved was The Flumps (click here for theme tune), which was about a family of fluffy...things. The website describes it best:
Well, firstly there was Grandpa Flump, who spent most of his days sleeping or playing his Flumpet (no not trumpet, flumpet. Get it right!). Father Flump usually spent most of his time doing traditional father stuff, like DIY and digging in the allotment.Mother Flump was always in the kitchen baking something or other, and doing typical stereotype motherly type things.And then there were the kids. The eldest were Perkin and Posie. The youngest was Pootle who was well, just growing up and learning just what life?s all about.

My sister and I loved Pootle best, because he has a funny name.
But the best show was Rainbow (click here for theme tune), a sort of variety show for 5 year olds. The show was presented by Geoffrey - a human male in his 30's, Bungle - a man in a bear suit, Zippy - a large puppet thing that had a zipper for a mouth, and George -a pink hippo. They just sang songs and danced and stuff.
Bananaman was also pretty cool, with an awesome intro theme.

Those were halcyon days, my friends.



November 9 2004

Was just given a link to this clip, from one of my old favourite shows, Rainbow. It is apparently genuine. I don't remember the show being this cheeky before, but maybe it was, and I was just too innocent to notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home