Friday, December 31, 2004
On this day:

3 am

Bryan and I arrived back from Sydney yesterday afternoon. We were exhausted after our flight, and went to bed 8:30 pm. That's probably why I found myself lying awake in bed at 1:30 am, and still lying away awake at 2:30 am. And that's why I find myself here in front of my computer at 3 am, sorting out two weeks worth of emails.

The worst part of the trip happened within hours of our arrival in Sydney. Lucy, our most beloved 14 month old doggie, died. We think it was probably due to a snake bite, because we have no other explanation for what could have happened. It was a very sad day, and we miss her very much.

It was a dark start to the holiday, but luckily we were able to pull ourselves out of the dumps, and enjoy some sightseeing in Sydney and relaxing on the quiet beaches of Narrawallee. I'll write more about it in the next few days. We were made happier by the news that the breeders who brought Lucy into the world have another litter of pups due in the next month or so, and have promised one of them to Mum and Dad. We will never be able to replace Lucy, but we hope to have as much fun with the new puppy as we did with her.



2 Comments:

At 5:57 am, January 11, 2005, Blogger zannebee said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy. :(

 
At 6:35 am, January 25, 2005, Blogger carolynbee said...

Oh no!!! I'm so so sorry!!! She's going to be very missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home