Stunned
Bryan, Rhonda and myself went to see Napoleon Dynamite last night.
Quick review: very very very funny, and will remind you of 'that guy' you went to school with, or maybe even remind you of when you were 'that guy' at school! You can even play a game while you're watching the move; a game that I like to call "count the boom microphone appearances". Variations on this game include counting how many different colours of boom microphone you see during the movie. If you haven't seen the movie, I will preface the rest of this blog entry by saying that there is a very funny break-dancing scene in the movie.
Anyhoo, so while we were walking home after the movie, Bryan said something that stopped me dead in my tracks. He said "I used to be in a break-dancing group in grade 5". Why had this never come up in conversation before? Even last year, when we laughed at 15 year old videos of my favourite action film-star Vin Diesel break-dancing, it never came up in conversation - Its not something you think to ask a person these days - "Excuse me, but do you break-dance?". I think my massive crush on Vin Diesel became slightly tarnished that day that I watched the video of him break-dancing as a ~18 year old lad, curly hair bobbing around as he transitioned from a head spin into a windmill. But its ok, I'm certain that my massive crush on Bryan will remain intact for years to come. I wonder if his Mom has photos?
By the way, other Vin Diesel fans out there, may enjoy this website, if they are really really bored one day.





2 Comments:
Well, don't forget that there was a time when break dancing was the hip, happening thing to do. All the cool kids were doing it. :-D And it's actually very very difficult when it's done well. It'd be a pretty challenging activity to learn.
But yeah, Napoleon Dynamite was hilarious. I liked that one a lot.
I liked Napoleon Dynamite too!! I can also recommend "I Heart Huckabees".
Post a Comment
<< Home