Icy steps = bruised arse
Bryan and I played Settlers of Catan at Carly's last night. When we arrived at Carly's house, Bryan noted how the 10 or so wooden steps leading up to her front door were icy. As we were leaving Carly's house, I discovered just how icy those steps were. My bottom came into contact with each and every one of those steps in a systematic and rapid manner. As I was falling down, I was waiting for my head to hit a step, the wall or the ground, but it never did. Bryan was worried, and Carly came out of the house along with her other game-playing guests to see what had happened. I was fine, aside from some acute but receding pain in the part of my arse that contacted each step. I knew I hadn't broken any bones, and I was able to get up and start creeping home. But all that attention isn't necessarily a good thing when you've just made a spectacle of yourself in the way that I did. As Bryan and I started walking home, I felt myself regress into a two year old child, and I just wanted to start bawling and to be comforted by my Grandpa (typically involving a medicinal Milky Bar). I let a few tears fall and let out a few gasps in the manner of a young child. My father would call this accident a severe and acute case of hurticus prideicus, and he would be right. By the time we got home I had moved on to acting about 8 years old and was fascinated by the development of the bruise on my arse. And by the time I went to bed I had turned into a 50 year old, and was whining about not being able to lie on my left side. This morning it is snowing again, so I will be extra cautious around slippery steps.
Labels: My small existence





1 Comments:
Ouch! My mom broke her tailbone doing just the same thing.
Post a Comment
<< Home