Friday, October 28, 2005
On this day:

Too much to do

Sorry kids. Its been weeks since I've had time to write something original. I have been working my arse off in order to make sure that we publish our research before someone scoops us. It was a close one recently, with competitors publishing similar work to mine only one day after my work was published. Luckily it was one day after and not one day before or I would have been toast. And since I'm being vague, I must resign myself to the fact that I can't discuss work/research related issues on my blog so that I can avoid being scooped by researchers competing for publications on our research interests. Makes sense, but these days I don't do very much other than work. So this blog could get even more boring.

What's been happening lately Sarah, you ask. Glad you asked,
  • I have my BC driving test in two weeks. I've been taking lessons through Young Drivers, which are going well. Sean is my instructor and he is great, although he's quite young (ie about my age) which I wasn't expecting. Even though I have had an Australian drivers license for 10 years I don't think I would pass my BC test without having lessons. The road rules are different here, and its more than just figuring out which side of the road to drive on. All the picky things that driving testers would look for, I would have had no idea about. Anyhoo, enough about that, just in case I don't pass. OMG, what if I don't pass? I passed my Aussie test first time. Everyone in my family has passed first time, so far... The shame would be unbearable.
  • We ate dinner at Feenies last weekend, which was amazing. Ok, it may be the down-market version of Lumiere, but I'll never be able to afford to eat at Lumiere so I won't think about how awesome the food must be there. If you didn't know, Feenies and Lumiere are run by the same chef, Rob Feenie, who is an Iron Chef. And even if Feenie's is more affordable than Lumiere, its the best meal I've eaten out in quite some time. I enjoyed Mission trout, served with wilted chard, and citrus beurre blanc, pumpkin cranberry fig crumble, as well as many forkfuls of food from other people's plates.
  • I've turned into a hard-core cycle commuter. I ride my bike to work rain, hail or shine, and I love it, despite the 7 km up hill in the morning.
  • I'm working on my application for a Masters in Health Science.
  • We've booked a trip to AZ for Christmas and New Year to visit the Coads and the Bees.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:49 am, October 29, 2005, Blogger zannebee said...

As one of "The Bees", I am excited about your visit to AZ!!

 
At 2:03 am, November 04, 2005, Blogger carolynbee said...

I, too, am an excited bee!

 
At 7:10 am, November 04, 2005, Blogger zannebee said...

Buzz buzz!

 
At 9:13 am, November 10, 2005, Blogger carolynbee said...

Ha ha! I love the Backwards Bush clock! I'm adding it to my site too....once I figure out how....

By the way, how are you able to go for a Masters in Health Science when you already have a PhD? Do they allow that?

 
At 1:10 pm, November 11, 2005, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh yes, they let you take a Master's if you already have a PhD. Its not like you're not smart enough to take the course...I just want to get some training in something different to my PhD.

 
At 7:42 am, November 15, 2005, Blogger carolynbee said...

That's very cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home