Transferred from my old blog: An uneventful night out
September 18, 2004
We went out for dinner and a movie last night, which was in hindsight a bad idea. I was two days post-wisdom teeth surgery, I could only eat mush, and the drug cocktail I'm on is making me feel very strange. But I wanted to get out and about a bit, so I went along.
Dinner was ok, I had lobster bisque, which was served with a nice soft, warm bread roll, which I was able to chew up quite easily. It made me feel good to eat something nutritious, because up until then, I had been surviving on mashed banana, oatmeal and tofu. I had tried yogurt and tomatoes but the acid gets into the wounds in my teeth, and stings like crazy. Alas, it seems that bland food is all I can take right now.
After dinner we went to see Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Don't ask me what it was about though. I had my eyes closed for about 90 % of the movie! It was filmed in an annoying sepia colour, and had a lot of flashing light that really got on my nerves. I'm sure it could have brought on seizures in epilepsy sufferers. So, I tried to forget about the $10.95 I had paid for the ticket, and I just didn't bother trying to watch it. Apparently it got the thumbs down from the other people we saw it with though, so I don't regret my decision to sleep.
I'm still not back to normal with my sleeping patterns yet either. If you exclude the nap during the movie, I only got 6 hours last night. But I have a whole weekend ahead of me with nothing to do except rest. That excites me.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home