Back in the swing
We've been back from Sydney for 6 days or so. We had until Monday to recover from the jetlag and do the laundry. But the fact that New Years' Eve was plonked in the middle there meant that we didn't get over the jetlag. It made it worse. On our first night back we ended up sleeping until 11:30 am, despite my 3 hour patch of insomnia. So then it was New Year's Eve and we had a party to host. The party went off well, but I noticed my New Year's celebrations have tamed a little in recent years. We ate dinner, played cranium, watched the countdown to New Year on TV, drank champers and talked. We got to bed around 3 am and woke up at 12:40 the following afternoon. The next few nights followed a pattern of watching movies until the wee hours, and sleeping until lunch time. On Sunday I swear I only saw two hours of daylight. Then Tuesday rolled around and I was shocked SHOCKED when the alarm went off at 7:30 am and I was in the lab, fueled by diet coke, by 9 am.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home