Birthday weekend
I feel very fortunate in the fact that, while I am living in Vancouver, my birthday runs for 43 hours. My birthday is on the 20th, but when it is the 20th in Sydney, it is only the 19th here, due to the 19 hour time zone difference at this time of year. It is the 19th today (in Vancouver), but any minute now, I'm expecting my parents on the phone from Sydney to wish me a happy birthday. In about 4 hours my sister will call from Perth to wish me a happy birthday. Tomorrow my Canadian friends and family will be calling to wish me a happy birthday.
I'm taking adavantage of the fact that this two day birthday falls on a Saturday and Sunday, and its shaping up to be a good one. The weather continues to be fantastic (although chilly), and I will be celebrating my birthday tonight at dinner and improv with friends, and then celebrate all over again tomorrow (my birthday) with brunch.
I'll be 27 this weekend, and clearly that is the responsible side of 25. Birthdays change in small ways every year. For example, I remember on my 22nd birthday in 2000, when a card arrived from Buxton and was signed only from "Granny", not from "Granny and Grandpa" as it usually was. This is the first birthday that I will not have a card from Buxton at all.
On that note, I will now change out of my pyjamas, hit the shower, and begin my birthday weekend. I have to drop in to work for a few minutes this afternoon, so I'll make that as fast as possible and move on.





2 Comments:
Happy Birthday from Perth! I hope you got some cake!
Happy Birthday you whipper snapper! :oD
Post a Comment
<< Home