Tuesday, December 06, 2005
On this day:

Everything you need to know about Campbelltown

I know you're all wondering about my pre-Vancouver life before I started this blog. Here's some insight into where I lived for part of the last decade.

When I lived in Sydney, I spent a few years as a poor student spongeing off enjoying the company of my parents. My parents live in a suburb called Campbelltown in Sydney's southwest. Lets just say that it isn't the first place tourists think of to visit when they go to Sydney. I'm not going to say anything else about Campbelltown, except to link to two recent news articles, thatI feel speak volumes about the type of area that Campbelltown is. Don't get me wrong though, I've lived in far worse places than Campbelltown. But Campbelltown has a certain infamy that I wanted to share...

How being rich stops you from getting fat - Sydney Morning Herald, Nov 27 2005
RESIDENTS in Sydney's south-west are among the fattest in the state, with more than half the inhabitants of the Campbelltown and Camden area overweight or obese, new figures reveal....

Ram raid on Sydney hospital - Sydney Morning Herald, Dec 6 2005
Ram-raiders have smashed their way into the foyer of a hospital in Sydney's south-west in an attempt to steal an automated teller machine. Police say a stolen white Mitsubishi van slammed into Campbelltown Hospital's main entrance at 4.30am (AEDT) today...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home