Who's looking at my blog?
I saw on my cousin Andrew's blog that he had added a cool new Clustrmaps accessory that maps out where in the world people are viewing your blog from, based upon their IP addresses. So, I stole the idea. Obviously by tomorrow, when it gets its first update, there will be hundreds of red dots on the map.
Labels: Techy





6 Comments:
When did you start watching movies - I really need to pay more attention!
Well movies are something I've always had a general interest in, like many people. But it costs about a third or half as much to see a movie in Vancouver, compared to Sydney. So I see more of them now. The movie theatre near our house is really good, its $4 to see a double feature on a Monday night ($6 other nights) and they have these awesome chocolate silk truffle slices that are so chocolatey it satisfies a whole weeks worth of chocolate cravings in one serving.
The question is whether or not these hits are real people. I wonder what happens when a search engine crawls the page. That might explain my "readers" in Norway. And who do I know in China?
Who do you know in the Middle East for that matter? Very cool.
Well don't forget you have a cousin living in Hong Kong. I have a statcounter on my blog as well, which gives me full details of everyone accessing the page, and it agrees with the clustrmaps. I don't know anyone in Kuwait or Israel but they appear to be genuine. All you need is someone to be searching digital cameras and they could stumble upon your blog quite easily.
Having said that...Clustrmaps are crawling blogs themselves to find references to their product. I just found myself on the top of their list of recent posts. So that UK hit is not a genuine blog access. http://www.technorati.com/search/clustrmaps
Hey I'm a RED DOT (cool) !
Post a Comment
<< Home