Friday, December 23, 2005
On this day:

Got a poorly

I had a bit of a sniffle last week, officially my first cold in over a year. It was a nice cold as they go, not too much congestion or snot, just enough to make my voice sound a little croaky and everyone at work felt sorry for me. But just when I thought the cold submitting to the wrath of my immune system, I woke up on Saturday with a really yucky throat. Saturday of course was the day I left for Arizona on my Christmas jollidays, so that was a disappointing start to the holiday. More to the point, this sore throat has continued unwavering in its severity for 6 days now. And it does not appear to respond to pain medication - I've tried ibuprofen, aspirin, acetominophen, extra strength acetominophen, and Excedrin. It doesn't matter what I take I'm always in pain again after an hour or so. The only thing that gives me relief is sucking on ice cubes.
I'm putting off going to the doctor because I'm in the USA for the holidays, and obviously my Canadian health insurance isn't valid down here. I don't think I have a strep throat because I don't feel that bad except for my throat - last time I had a strep throat I didn't get out of bed for 4 days. I haven't been bed-bound at all with this one - I went hiking yesterday!
So part of me thinks its just a virus, which isn't treatable anyway, and so there would be no point in paying $80 US to see a doctor down here. But whoever heard of a virus that went on for this long and didn't respond to pain medication. So I don't know whats going on, but I'm tired of sucking on ice cubes so I hope I feel better soon.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:50 am, December 25, 2005, Blogger zannebee said...

:o(

I hope you feel better soon too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home