Friday, December 09, 2005
On this day:

Comments

I've taken the word verification thingy off the blog because a lot of people were struggling to get through it, apparently through no fault of their own. I've reported the problem to blogger - that the correct word verification entry isn't always accepted.

Instead I'm going to moderate the comments to keep the spam away. So if your comment doesn't go up right away, its probably because I'm taking a nap. But, unless its spam, I will put up each and every comment that arrives in my inbox in a timely manner.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:06 am, December 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only noticed problems when there's an L, an I, or a J or the like in the word. I've always chalked it up to those letters looking very similar when they're placed in a row in the word verification graphics. I just hit submit until I get one without those letters.

 
At 10:15 am, December 09, 2005, Blogger Erwin said...

It was working for me. Let's hope this way isn't too much work for you.

 
At 4:07 am, December 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're really going to moderate each comment? I feel guilty just for making this comment now...

Well, if you want to do that, that's your call, but it really wasn't too much trouble to deal with the word verification mistakes. /sympathy...

 
At 4:14 am, December 10, 2005, Blogger Sarah said...

Well there were at least three people who emailed me and said they would love to comment but they had tried the word verification 20 times or so, felt sure they were not making mistakes with it, but blogger was simply not letting their comment through.
So far I don't mind the comment moderation, and I am one of those people that check their email every 10 minutes, so it doesn't take me too long to get the comment up on the blog. We'll see how it goes. I'll probably be sick of it soon enough and we'll either have to face spam or word verification struggles again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home