Wednesday, April 04, 2007
On this day:

Oh look, that's just going too far!

According to my daily news source, Melbourne's The Age: (April 4th 2007)

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time. And in comments published today, he said he snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.
"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.
"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."


Keith, we all knew you were a bit wacky (wacked?), but that's just gross.

Update, 2 hours later
Umm... Is it cannibalism to snort a human being, or part thereof? The floor is open.

Update, April 5th
Disney is not amused. And now Keith and his publicist are going around telling everyone it was just a joke. Mmm Hmm.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:04 pm, April 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, ok that is completely disgusting and there is no excuse I can make for it. But (and I realise I may be alone in this), I think Keith is awesome. He is getting on in years, has no recollection of the last 30 years or so, can't put a sentence together, recently fell out of a palm tree (?) which further reduced his neuronal population, and yet he still manages to tour and play the most awaesome guitar riffs in one of the world's greatest bands. I take my hat off to anyone who can put on the show he does at that level of unconciousness.

 
At 12:12 pm, April 04, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh I absolutely agree. The man can play the guitar, there's no doubt about it. Being able to continue playing guitar in spite of the abuse he's put himself through, is admirable. I mean if I fell out of a palm tree, killing off 2 out of my 3 neurons, I don't know if I could continue playing guitar. So lets give Keith a round of applause.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home