Friday, January 26, 2007
On this day:

No one will notice if the flowers match your shoes

...and that, my friends, is my secret to organising a wedding without doing my head in.

It's slightly over 8 months to go until W-day, and I gotta tell you I am way ahead of schedule with the planning. That's because I'm not thinking very hard about all the options available. I don't really need to. Because the Whitsundays is a relatively small place, there aren't a huge number of florists, patisseries, photographers, or celebrants to choose from. But they do all have websites. So I did all the browsing of products and prices online in a relatively short space of time.

The downside of that strategy is that we can't really see what I'm getting until the big day. But I don't care. It won't matter. It's not worth stressing over. I know every bride wants her wedding day to be the perfect day, but here's the thing....Its going to be perfect no matter what. Butterfly releases and bonbonniere do not enhance that perfection. To quote my Aunty Jen, "
you have all the ingredients for a great wedding...ie a good groom, a memorable place...enough guests that think you're wonderful...and all the rest is fluff....". Very true.



Here's my To-do list:

Venue

Accommodation

Flights

Celebrant

Vows/ceremony outline

Wedding dress

Bridesmaid dresses

Tuxedos

Flowers

Cake

Decorations

Photography

Invitations

Menu

Honeymoon


But before you start referring to me as the most organised bride in history, you may have noticed some big things left on my To-do list. Oh yes, I may have organised all the little things quickly, but I've probably approached the to-do list from the wrong direction. That wedding dress purchase is really hanging over my head.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:08 am, January 31, 2007, Blogger zannebee said...

Just don't get dresses for your bridesmaids like this one (copy and paste this address in your browser window, I can't figure out how to make it a link on here (HTML is diabled)):

http://store1.yimg.com/I/uglydress_1902_20824695

 
At 9:12 am, January 31, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Dear God, please save me. That dress is HIDEOUS!!! But somehow I think there may be a small niche market for it somewhere.

Here's a great website for ugly bridesmaid dresses.

 
At 9:17 am, January 31, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

...Like this one.

Hey Sam and Jo, whaddya think? We have been discussing gold for your bridesmaid dresses. And those shoes are awesome.

 
At 3:22 pm, January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, am seriously reconsidering agreeing to be a bridesmaid! I am not wearing Hello Kitty or Pamela Anderson-esk dresses...or strip-club shoes. Will be a mother by then you know. Must look respectable.

 
At 3:53 pm, January 31, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh now, THIS is what I call motherly.

 
At 10:32 am, February 03, 2007, Blogger zannebee said...

This is even more motherly:

http://www.uglydress.com/pregpromdres.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home