Doesn't he have to do a postdoc first?
Talk about being fast-tracked because you're famous! This is crazy. Queen guitarist Brian May spent 33 years faffing with his PhD (not all that uncommon from what I've seen), albeit with some career distractions, and only months after graduating is appointed Chancellor of Liverpool John Moores University in England. What ever happened to climbing the ladder!

I've been slogging at my postdoc work for more than 4 years and I'm not even close to being considered for Chancellor. I'm not even in the ballpark, or even within a 30 km radius of the ballpark. I'm stuck in traffic on the motorway heading in the wrong direction after I took a wrong turn and got lost on the way to the ballpark. And when I eventually reach the right ballpark (after visiting two or three wrong ballparks first), there will be no parking, and when I eventually find parking, I will probably have no change for the meter because I used it in the toll booth back there on the motorway.
Maybe it helps if you can play guitar.
Labels: Celebrity antics, Edumacation, Interesting article





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home