Friday, March 20, 2009
On this day:

My, haven't you grown

Its been more than 8 weeks since I last posted. Work has been crazy, and I have submitted two research grants. But things are a bit more relaxed now.

You just wouldn't believe how much my belly has grown since I last posted. From this:
To this:We had our 20 week scan a couple of days ago, which was quite exciting. And I couldn't help but exclaim (in the manner of a someone's Aunt) "My, haven't you grown!"

The little Coadlet has gone from this:
About 5 cm long from head to bum, weighing about 14 grams - about the size of a lime apparently,

To this:
About 16.5 cm long head to bum, and weighing about 300 grams. This is about the length and weight of a banana. Its now far too big to fit on a single scan image. I was very relieved to see that the Coadlet has really grown into it's facial features - I was worried about that enormous nose and forehead at the first scan, but now it looks all lovely and cute. We found out what sex it is, but Bryan and I have decided to keep it a little secret between us.

In the last couple of weeks I've been feeling some kicking, which is nice. Bryan is a bit frustrated that he can't feel anything when he puts his hand on my tummy yet, but I think that will happen soon.

So far I'm feeling good. The very mild waves of nausea that I had in the beginning are completely gone now. I do have the occasional dizzy spell, one of which left me plummeting to the floor recently while attempting to stand on a train. This is caused by low blood pressure, and according to my doctor its completely normal. "Greeeeeaaaattttt", I groaned in response. On the bright side though, its a great way of getting someone to offer you their seat.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:40 am, March 26, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh now, I'm worried, I think my profile pics might look the same! Right better stop eating chocolate cake. B.

 
At 1:22 am, June 15, 2009, Anonymous Tyson said...

Wow it's exciting to see the development of the Coadlet. Congratulations. Have you painted a room in preparation? What colour might I ask?

 
At 9:37 am, June 23, 2009, Blogger Sarah said...

The room is decorated in neutral-ish colours. Not because we don't want to inundate the baby with traditional girl=pink or boy=blue colours, but because we can't be bothered redecorating in the future if another baby comes along. I'll post photos in the next couple of days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home