What would I do with a weekend without Bryan?
I often wondered, but now I am finding out. Bryan is away at a conference in chilly Winnipeg. He called the other night and said the temperature was around 1 degree C. Now after two weeks of gorgeous sunny warm (even hot at times) weather, 1 degree would be a shock. I'm glad its him and not me.
Anyway, last night I was wondering what to do, and I ended up stopping at Blockbuster on the way home from work. I picked up 3 movies that I've been wanting to see for ages, of the type that Bryan would never willingly watch with me: Along came Polly, Alfie and Wimbledon.
Rhonda came over with fruit salad and we watched Along came Polly. It was an okay movie. It started out strongly, and I will be using the phrase "Look to me in the eyeball" for quite some time. But it lost something after that. After Rhonda had gone home, and I should have gone to bed, I ended up watching Wimbledon, which was quite good.
What would Bryan do on a weekend without me I wonder? We'll find out soon, because I'll be away a lot in the next 2 months. I suspect that he would seize the opportunity to watch the new Star Wars movie, and have an elf movie marathon (Never in my life did I think I would put a link to those movies on my blog!!). He might also invite his





7 Comments:
Bryan won't watch Wimbledon and you're denigrating The Lord of the Rings? Crazy I tell you, Crazy...
When Bryan and I went with my sister and her fiance to the movies on Boxing Day 2002, Simon and Bryan lined up for HOURS to see Two Towers. My sister and I walked right in to Sweet Home Alabama, loved it, and felt really good about missing out on the elf experience. I don't call that crazy at all.
OMG I can't tell you how many things you mangled in your post. First, of all, you linked to Attack of the Clones which was the last Star Wars movie. The movie coming out this May is Revenge of the Sith. Hello? Totally different movies!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/
And you called it "an elf movie marathon"? Hello again! While there are elves in the Lord of the Rings, it would be more apt to call it "hobbit movies" since the major ringbearer is a hobbit.
I am shaking with nerdy rage right now!
Huh! What? I mangled the info about my two least favourite trilogies? Sorry. I just wanted to see you cringe Erwin.
Oh dear, I can't wait to tell my D&D club about this. I need some Mountain Dew now.
Oh I also mangled my calling Star Wars a trilogy, when it is now a double-trilogy. Is there a word for a 6 episode volume of movies?
D&D. Is that decorating and decoupage? (kidding, honestly)
I like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. I guess I'm a geek. OH, saw Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy on Friday too, with all the other geeks. It was OK. It didn't hold a candle to the books. I give it three stars out of a five star rating.
Post a Comment
<< Home