Heading out of town (again!)
Tomorrow I will be waking from my peaceful slumber at 3:45 a.m. A taxi will be picking me up at 4:30 a.m., taking me to the airport, and from there I will be transported to Boston. I still can't believe I'm getting up at 3:45! Its not even worth going to bed, and its not often that I say things like that!
I'm kind of excited about going to Boston because I haven't been to the east coast before. I'll be attending the 6th International Cryptococcus and Cryptococcosis Conference. I've never been to this conference before, but wanted to ever since I started working with Cryptococcus, for obvious reasons. All the important people in the field will be there, and it will be a chance to put faces to the names on my journal articles! It may even be a chance to find my next postdoc position. I'll also get to meet up with some 'Crypto buddies' I haven't seen for a few years.
On the other hand, I'm nervous. I'm really nervous. I'm giving a 15 minute talk on the last day of the conference, and I happen to know that there are several other people at the conference working on a very similar topic to me. Chances are they will present their work before I get my opportunity to talk. And chances are that they will be at my presentation, looking to trip me up on something. AND, the presentation will be digitally recorded and distributed to all conference delegates!
But there's no point in worrying about this now. All I can worry about right now is how I'm going to function at 3:45 tomorrow morning. If I get through that, I can get through anything.





7 Comments:
4:15 a.m. errrrrrrwwwwwwwwww... I'm awake. kinda.
Hope it all goes well! I'm sure you'll be great.
4:15am... in a past life, I was just getting ready for bed at that time.
Hope all went well!!!
Oh, Bees I've missed you! There's only you guys that really comment on my blog! Welcome back from Paris
Thanks!
Let's not forget Erwin! Or is he an honorary Bee? :o)
Is that conference done yet? How'd it go?
Post a Comment
<< Home