I am SO over Tom Cruise!
Am I the only one who thinks Tom Cruise has lost the plot? I'm sure he's excited that as a 42 year old man, he can attract the attention of a woman who is not very much older than his own daughter, but his love-struck puppy antics are making me puke! Has anyone else noticed that Tom has started wearing his hair in the same style he had 22 years ago during Risky Business, perhaps in an effort to feel as young as Katie is? Michael Douglas didn't behave like this when he got together with Catherine Zeta-Jones (except for the facelift he had).
I, like some/many others, remain unconvinced that this Tom and Katie affair is not a publicity stunt. It just seems very off to me that after being together a month, Katie has already converted to Scientology, and Tom has reverted to the behaviour of a 15 year old who just had his first kiss at the back of the school bus.
Regardless of whether its real or for show, I'm really tired of the Tom-and-Katie-are-so-in-love global tour! I mean, shouldn't we all wait to find out if Angelina Jolie really is a homewrecker before we move on to yet another celebrity love story? Way to steal the spotlight Tom! Now how is Britney going to wrestle the world's attention away from Tom and Katie and back towards her ratfink husband and impending motherhood?
I suspect that this love affair is going to keep the paparazzi occupied for many months to come, so we need a "Bennifer"-style word to refer to the inseperable duo, to save time and newsprint. I propose that from here on in we refer to Tom and Katie collectively as 'Tomatie' !





4 Comments:
Hmm. After watching the Oprah special with Tom Cruise, I am a little, well, I dont know how I feel - sick??!!. He was acting SO stupid on Oprah, in fact I thought he was on drugs. I mean, we have all had that new relationship feeling of excitement but he was just over the top. Every time he got down on his knee with fist up to show his excitement, I felt like punching him! But I am an old romantic at heart...so lets hope its real. Sam
I totally agree Sam. I just don't think its normal for a 42 year old twice-married father of two to be jumping on couches proclaiming his love for his much younger girlfriend of 3 weeks (at the time of the Oprah show) to the entire world. Its a nice gesture, but it just doesn't ring true.
Oh my gosh!! I didn't realise that was filmed when they had only been together 3 weeks!!! That makes it worse than I thought!! i liked how he deliberately took his time when speaking to make sure he called her a "woman" instead of a "girl". Yuck!
That's...just....wacky. I have no other word for it. I had no idea they were together. I just googled the topic and have learned that they are engaged and that Tom asked her at the top of the Eiffel Tower, which is where Zanne and I were that same week. Good thing we didn't try to go up the Eiffel Tower on that day. It would have been a mob scene.
Post a Comment
<< Home