Tuesday, August 23, 2005
On this day:

Word verification on blog comments

I've been forced to do this. From now on, anyone posting comments on my blog will have to do a quick skills test to prove that they are not an automated spam message. This will involve a word verification test. I hope it works.

Bad spammers! BAD!!!!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 4:12 am, August 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that's unfortunate...

 
At 4:41 pm, August 23, 2005, Blogger Erwin said...

Hmmm... well at least Blogger has a solution!

 
At 9:44 pm, August 23, 2005, Blogger lynn said...

wow! I hate spam, but I also hate these word thingys, they almost make me feel sea sick . . .

 
At 10:10 pm, August 23, 2005, Blogger lenton said...

They got you too hey? Silly me deleted two posts before I realised you could simply delete the spam comment DOH !

 
At 4:48 am, August 24, 2005, Blogger Sarah said...

So, my little guinea pigs, how did you find the word test? Was it a hassle?

 
At 8:05 am, August 24, 2005, Blogger zannebee said...

It's not too bad. Just a mild annoyance.

 
At 2:04 pm, August 24, 2005, Blogger lenton said...

Once you get over the burning its not to bad!. There goes your 'not tested on animals' certification.

 
At 2:27 am, August 28, 2005, Blogger carolynbee said...

I've been lucky enough not to experience the spam yet *knocks on wood*. The word verification thing seems like a pretty good solution.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home