Oh gosh, has it been that long already?
Doesn't time fly when you're preoccupied with other things?
It dawned on me a few weeks ago that now that I have agreed to marry Bryan, we have to have a wedding. And that means planning a wedding.
I was overwhelmed. The pressure to choose a venue and book it before anyone else does is seriously one of the most stressful things a person can go through. Its right up there with death of a loved one, moving house and changing jobs, I'm sure of it.
It had been nigh on 3 days of engagement bliss before anxiety started to take hold. We knew we wanted to get married somewhere warm with white sandy beaches and blue skies. But the choices! Oh, and the potential for tackiness in such places!
Well its all organised now. I stuck a pin in a map of the world (not really) and picked a location - The Whitsundays. Google found me a venue that displayed minimum evidence of tack AND comes with a wedding planner. Then I threw as much money at them as was required to make sure nobody else could get married at those co-ordinates at the same time. And once that was done, a sense of calm washed over me.
Other things I have been able to cross of the to-do list are:
photographer
hair and makeup appointments
choose honeymoon location
wedding rings
celebrant
write vows
colour scheme
pick bridesmaids
And we still have 10 months to go. I need a dress though. I mustn't forget about the dress.
I'm reading Diary of a Mad Bride, by Laura Wolf, at the moment. It reads like a Bridget Jones novel, and makes me feel very good about the manner in which I am approaching our connubials.
Labels: Wedding





1 Comments:
Just wait until you have teenagers! Having teenagers will make planning a wedding seem like childsplay! (just ask your folks)
:o)
Congrats BTW!!
Post a Comment
<< Home