Tuesday, June 23, 2009
On this day:

Preparations

We have 6 weeks to go until the baby arrives. Yikes! Here's a photo of me taken this morning.


But we are surprisingly prepared. Prepared in the sense that the nursery is ready and the 'go-bag' is packed. Unprepared in the sense that this is going to hurt more than ripping off a band-aid! We've been going to antenatal classes, which have advocated the benefits of whale music, aromatherapy and massage as pain relief. I'm thinking more along the lines of a general anaesthetic. Wake me up when its over!

Anyway, here are some photos of the nursery. Please don't inundate me with comments about what the decor might mean in terms of the baby's gender. I'm not telling (because I'll get in trouble from Bryan if I do). We've tried hard to go for fairly gender neutral decor anyway, if for no other reason than to save redecorating in the future if a baby of a different type comes along.

The cot was given to us by my boss, who's 3 children are all grown up now. I painted it white, to make it look as good as new. The sheets have a Noah's Ark theme, and we've used an animal theme throughout the room with the mobile and various other bits and pieces. Above all else, we intend for this baby to grow up loving animals.


I made the animal pictures on the wall by stretching some fabric across a wooden frame. I think they look great.

Apparently hanging a mobile above the changing table will distract the baby for long enough that it won't try to put its hands into the contents of a dirty nappy. We'll find out if this theory is true soon enough.

A nappy stacker, containing 109 tiny nappies.


And that's just a cute little storage unit from IKEA, to keep baby's tiny clothes in.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:52 am, July 29, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, how organised are you guys?!! I'm not sure if I should be worried. Have you booked the first tennis lesson? Second/Third Language classes? :P Can I get you a t-shirt with Soccer Mum written on it? ;) Well, good luck with everything, I'm thinking of you. B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home