Tuesday, July 07, 2009
On this day:

A change of pace

I started my maternity leave yesterday, four weeks before the Coadlet is expected to arrive. That means 4 weeks (hopefully) of doing nothing. I feel a bit guilty, but people keep telling m to make the most of it, and to get as much sleep as possible.
To ease the guilt, yesterday I cleaned the house from top to bottom, filed away the stack of paperwork that's been building up for months, bought some groceries, and did a bit of work that can't wait until I go back in January. By the end of the day I was pretty exhausted and I let Bryan (who had been at work all day) do the washing up after dinner while I lazed on the couch.
Today has been a bit more leisurely. A Preggi Bellies class in the morning, followed by a grilled cheese sandwich while watching Desperate Housewives that I recorded last night. It's a lovely day outside so I might take a gentle stroll (waddle) this afternoon.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:58 pm, July 07, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds good. Could you sort out my paperwork? I've been meaning to look at it for a while. You seem to be pretty efficient at it.

 
At 6:49 am, July 27, 2009, Blogger Carly said...

I regret not seeing the waddle.

Wow, coming soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home