Funny wedding quote
One of the girls on my trivia team got married on the weekend. Back when she was shopping for her wedding dress, she was overheard saying to the shop assistant,
"I don't want to look like a meringue, I want to look like the whole pavlova"
And apparently her dress took up so much room on the dance floor there wasn't really room for anyone else to dance.
Which reminds me of when I was shopping for my wedding dress. There was a girl trying on her dress in the change room next to mine, who said,
"I want him (the groom we presume) to look at me coming down the aisle and say 'Oh my God'". My mum saw her dress, and was certain that everyone in the room was going to be saying "Oh...my...God" under their breath.





3 Comments:
Mum is tactful like that. When I was choosing my wedding dress and I asked her what she thought of a particularly bad one I was being made to try on by an overly helpful sales assistant, she said "it looks a huge amount better than the one in the next door cubicle. They are outfitting a battleship back there". Apparently the woman was requiring a...large...dress.
Yes, you can always rely on Mum to say something slightly rude at slightly too high a volume. Not that I would know anything about that!
Your parents were awesome, although I imagine its your dad making the louder comments... Those were entertaining dinner evenings.
Post a Comment
<< Home